I ship Super Generation a lot. Seeing their interactions and their joint performance always make me giddy (one prime example today was the "Moves Like Jagger" collab... although I admit that none of the pairings I ship are there... T-T, but still, FTW SuGen!).
Anyway, today I'm going to have an essay (haha)
about my OTPs in SuGen:OTPs
1. Heechul x Jessica (HeeSica)
(By the way, I love HeeSica and YoonHae equally, but I fell in love with HeeSica first, so I put it there first.) How and why I ship them?
Heesica, Heesica, HeeSica. I'm an Aristocrat, although I may not express it out loud often. I just love everything about this couple. The funny thing is I used to dislike Jessica compared to the other SNSD girls (And now, for around 5 months, she's been # 1 on my SNSD bias list) but as I learn about her personality more (and after watching Suju's Gee performance in SS2 DVD), oh my God... I seriously believe no one can be Heechul's partner other than Jessica.
I always love 'symmetrical' pairing, that is, a pair who resembles each other in a way or two. While I understand no one can really be Kim Heechul (he's one of a kind, that guy, seriously), but I think he resembles Jessica a lot. I perceive them both as people who believe in what they believe, introvert (Heechul might be bipolar, I think he's introvert in a way or two), they don't really care how people see them as, individual yet spoiled at the same time.... Some argue that because they resemble each other too much, they look like sibling more. I will elaborate more on that later.
It's just that simply, both of them are 'difficult' people. But if combined together, they will make not a cute couple, but a very quirky, weird, and again...difficult
couple. But that's exactly why I ship them!My favorite moment of them...
How I think their relationship will be real *hopefully*
- SM Town Paris, when the big screen captured how Heechul whispered something to Jessica. And how they walked away together (with Heechul's hand seemingly rested on Jessica's waist)
- On one of Heechul's YoungStreet program, where After School becomes his guest star, Heechul makes a joke about Jessica ("Jessi-Car") and he suddenly looks embarrassed. This cutie... It's like deep inside he is really fond of Jessica, and he's shy about it... *biased*
- The epic Barbie Girl Performance + its behind the scene. SKINSHIP!! hahaha. And how Hee teased Sica when they were practicing the dance + on the performance when Hee supports Sica ("I say Je, You say Sica!") T-T. Heechul... protect the girl forever, will you?
Unfortunately, my realistic side somehow doubt they will get real.
But IF there's the tiniest chance, here's how I'd like to imagine:
Heesica will be the type of relationship where "the person who you're looking for all along is actually very nearby." I don't doubt that they care about each other. Heechul already said that he's really close to Jessica and although Jessica might not be too vocal about it, but I believe she also sees Heechul as one of her closest male friend. Sometimes, I agree with those who think that their relationship is more like brother-sister kind of relationship.
IF this ever gets real, I think both Heechul and Jessica will have relationship with other people first. I don't know, Heechul is obsessed with Sohee, so perhaps he will date her (although I don't think he really sees Sohee as anything more than an idol obsession, haha *biased). They will go round and round, date other people, until they reach the point where relationship is not all about passion, but it's also about comfort and trust. In the end, they will just see each other, too tired looking for the others, and settle down with each other.
.... I'm delusional, yeah. But that's what my aristocrat blood is telling me. hahaha.2. Donghae x Yoona (YoonHae)
This is the pairing that I didn't think I will ship THIS MUCH. YoonHae used to place # 4 out of 4 of my favorite SuGen pairing. Now it becomes my favorite SuGen pairing along with HeeSica. How and why I ship them?
I forgot how, when, and why. I think it's because of TaeTeuk. I ship TaeTeuk prior to YoonHae and I used to google for TaeTeuk a lot. From videos, blogs, etc, I found out that there is also this other Sugen "favorite" pairing, and that is YoonHae (although later on I learned that HaeSica is more popular than YoonHae T-T). I didn't give much damn at first. I thought they were cute, but I also thought they lacked the charm and quirk I usually adore in a paring. I thought that they would be this...flat couple. Sweet and cute, but flat.
My love to them grows though, thank you for the Pyros who spread around the net and made pretty fanfics about them, gorgeous FMV, etc. However, they were still not my favorite pairing at that time.
It was when I somehow decided to make a fanfic about them. I don't even know why I wanted to write about them that time. Perhaps I was just in a mood of writing about a shy couple, and among the four (TaeTeuk, HeeSica, KyuYoung, and Yoonhae), YoonHae will fit the role the most. But I realized that I did not really know Donghae and Yoona that much. So I researched about them, their personalities, their interaction...
And as I dig their character more (for the sake of my fanfic), boy, oh boy...I fall in love.
First, the symmetrical rule works again for me. Both are the cute, boy/girl next door type. Both are warm and friendly, but are not exactly talkative (tend to be rather quiet in each respective group, IMO). They might be shy, but I don't know, something about the way they look at each other, about their similarities, about the coincidences that are too weird to be called coincidence, I have a feeling, a strong feeling that this couple is real. Damn real. I would like to quote one of the lines in Kanae's fanfic to summarize why their relationship attracts me so much:Their silence is loud.
As loud as the firework
(Don't you love Pyros + their philosophies?)My favorite moment of them...
This is hard. Why? Because th ere are SO MANY of their cute moments!
How I think their relationship will be real *hopefully*
- Everytime when Yoona and Donghae "indicated" each other when they were asked about their ideal type, their preferences in relationship, etc.
- When Donghae unknowingly chose Yoona as the eyes he likes the most.
- Super Junior Foresight Ep 17, when Donghae was picking up girls for Leeteuk, and Yoona's pic appeared. Then Shindong muttered out something fish and Donghae looked as if he was really trying to be objective and put his real feelings to her aside *biased*
- The epic SS2 Backhug!!! T-T... tears of joy. Any Pyro would love that moment.
Duh, they ARE real. hahaha.
Angst mode : They were
real. Donghae's song "Y" really indicates that he broke up with Yoona. Unlike other fans, I actually don't really other the "Y" moment. Even though it's like an almost blatant love letter, but it's a heartbreakingly sad love letter. So I "hate" it. Still wish that "Y" is Yoona, although I wish they are fixing their relationship soon.
Normal mode: They are real (should change this into "Biased mode"). haha. I know that sadly they don't have lots of interaction lately, but I believe something was there, is there, and will be there. What makes me relieved is that both Yoona and Donghae are the loyal type. So, even if they were ex bf/gf, I believe they will get together again. Or they already do? I really hope Korean ELFs and Petals rumor are true though...3. Leeteuk x Taeyeon (TaeTeuk)
(Not gonna be as elaborative as YoonHae and HeeSica above though)
Tthis used to be my # 1 favorite, but its position shifted after some months. I still love them though. Seoul MV was what made me love this couple although perhaps I have secretly loved them even prior to seeing that MV. Both are dorky, both are the leaders/oldest, and the rumors...ah the rumors really make me feel like there are something real between them. Even now that Leeteuk is on WGM with Kang Sora... I honestly don't believe TeukSora is real. This is not because I ship TaeTeuk, but because objectively speaking, I see Leeteuk as a genius mastermind who knows how to act
and please fans/PD
in front of the camera.
And Taeyeon showed signs of being jealous. hahaha. My favorite moments? In Sukira where there was this pic of Taeyeon punching Leeteuk's abs and Leeteuk fondly ruffled her hair in exchange. That's just SO adorable. Oh, now I remember. That's the pic that makes me in love with TaeTeuk (not the Seoul MV apparently). The other will be in one of the SMTown, where Leeteuk splashed wather to Taeyeon's head. <34. Kyuhyun x SooYoung (KyuYoung)
This is the very, very FIRST SuGen pairing that I ship. I know that I don't ship them much lately (mainly because their lack of interactions. Although I have to say I'm quite surprised that KyuYoung has a number of shipper too: Knight, raise your hand!!), but they still hold a dear place in my heart. Kyuhyun was the first guy in Suju that I like and Sooyoung was the first girl in SNSD that I like. And what makes me ship them more is because they're the Evil Pairing. Both are secretly/open bullies. I just feel that if they are together, they will make the perfect Partner-in-Crime. PLUS, fanfics about them on LJ are so damn good.
Honestly I don't have lots of hope on this pairing's chance to be real. Mainly it's because there aren't many moments (unlike YoonHae) or the extremely bizzare-queer chance of relationship (unlike HeeSica). But again, KyuYoung will always have a special place in my heart.
For some reasons, the 4 pairings I ship here are portrayed correctly
in Suju's Gee Performance in SS2 ^^. Other than KyuYoung, I thought that I had not been in love with the other three when I first watched Suju's Gee Perf.
=======Pairings I like:
1. Siwon x Tiffany (SiFany) : I just think they're a beautiful couple and they really match each other!
2. Eunhyuk x Sunny : Because randomly, I matched them for my fanfic. Now I'm liking them.
3. Eunhyuk x Tiffany : Perhaps because of the Fame (although I haven't watched it). But I have a feeling this will be a cute pairing.Pairings I don't mind:
1. Eunhyuk x Hyoyeon (HyoHyuk) : I know lots of people adore them, but I just don't feel it.
2. Sungmin x Sunny (SunSun) : I know that they are both responsible for the cuteness, but I seriously think Sungmin's not Sunny's type.
3. Siwon x YuriPairings I don't ship:
1. Siwon x SooYoung (SooWon) : Nope, nope. I'm all KyuYoung. Although I don't mind a KyuYoungWon(Fany) haha.
2. Heechul x Yoona : Nope, I'm an Aristocrat & Pyro at the same time. Although I really love to make YoonChul sibling/friend portrayal because they just seem so...plausible at times.
3. Siwon x Yoona : Nope, same reason with above. Although sadly, objectively, they look too good together and they are both like the "face" of SNSD and Suju.
4. Kibum x Yoona : Nope. Although because Kibum doesn't appear much anymore, I don't even know the reason of the creation of YoonBum in the first place. Well, perhaps it's because both are the actor/actress.
5. Donghae x Tiffany : I don't know what their moments are except in Kissing You. They look cute though.
6. Donghae x Seohyun
7. Donghae x SooYoungPairings that I totally don't ship and can make me cry because they have chances of "ruining" my OTP:1. SeoKyu
I'm sorry, Wires. I'm all KyuYoung AND YongSeo. I don't mean to insult, but personally, I'm feeling uncomfortable when I see SeoKyu together. Or even read that they will be paired in a fanfic. Because I know SM ships them. Because I know lots of fans are supporting them. That's why it hurts more to me.2. HaeSica
IceFishies... again, I apologize. I respect HaeSica and IceFishies though. I think I can really (well, not literally) cry when I read/watch/see HaeSica, because admittedly, they could be real too. The high probability of them together really makes me... uneasy. I remember that thare is this uber cool fanfic (The Chaser, by haebaragi) but it's a HaeSica (and possibly YoonChul). I was and am torn. I really want to read that fic badly, but reading HaeSica scene will hurt me very much.
Funnily though, as time goes by, I'm giving this pairing a chance. After hearing Jessica's cover for "Almost", I think the song fits HaeSica (I don't mean this as an insult, honestly). And I even start to write about them.